‘SNL’ Horatio Sanz Sexual Assault Lawsuit of Young Female Fan
The comedian and SNL cast Horatio Sanz has been accused of grooming and sexually assaulting an underage female fan the time he was a cast member on “Saturday Night Live” in the early 2000s. Horatio Sanz’s sexual assault lawsuit was filed on Thursday, August 12, 2021, in New York.
The lawsuit detailed the allegations of an unnamed woman from Pennsylvania, mentioned as ‘Jane Doe,’ she first met Horatio Sanz in 2000 after posting on “SNL” fan sites.
Jane Doe said Horatio proceeded to groom her in multiple visits to the “Saturday Night Live” studio and afterparties and communications on AOL Instant Messenger.
It is claimed that he asked her to send him sexual photos of herself and “to perform sexual acts, including masturbation, which he asked her to describe to him.”
In August 2001, the girl was 16, and Sanz allegedly contacted her.
“Sanz exchanged messages with [the teen] and steered conversations to discuss sex, sexual experiences, sexual activities, sexual fantasies, masturbation,” according to the lawsuit, which notes he called her disparaging words such as “s***, s****y, and b****.”
‘SNL’ Horatio Sanz Hit with Sexual Assault Lawsuit
According to Horatio Sanz’s sexual assault lawsuit, when she was 17, the abuse culminated in Horatio Sanz digitally penetrating her at two “SNL” parties in May 2002.
Horatio was a cast member on SNL from 1998 to 2006. In September 2006, he and several other comedians were dropped by the show due to huge budget reductions.
However, despite being split from the show, he continued to appear on SNL as a guest during the 2011 Christmas edition and some other events.
Horatio Sanz, whose real name is Horacio Sanz, did not respond yet. But he has denied the complaints in a statement released through his lawyer, Andrew Brettler. He said that the lady’s claim was “categorically false” and “ludicrous.”
He said that “Before filing this lawsuit anonymously, she demanded $7.5 million in exchange for her silence. We, of course, refused and will vigorously contest these totally meritless claims.”
The suit also named NBCUniversal and SNL Studios as parties in the lawsuit.
So what do you think about it? Please kindly scroll down and let us know in the comments box. We are eagerly waiting to get your words if you have more information. You can subscribe to the US day News newsletter inbox to receive celebrities’ daily news.
Horatio Sanz Lawsuit
The suit revealed Sanz’s actions included “kissing her, groping her breasts, groping her buttocks, and digitally penetrating her genitals forcibly and without consent.”
According to the lawsuit, he said: “I had a real issue with sex. I was stunted. I didn’t know how it worked. I spent all my 20’s trying to be funny. So I wasn’t normal with girls.”
The woman is now seeking unspecified damages, which remarks she is a “victim of child sexual abuse” with “psychological and emotional harm.”
A summary of the lawsuit’s claims:
- Jane Doe met Horatio Sanz in person after airing SNL in October 2000, while he was “flirtatious and physically affectionate.”
- Jane Doe, then 16, attended “SNL” afterparty for the first time on May 12, 2001, where Horatio Sanz drank with her even though he “should have been aware she was underage.”
- At another “SNL” party the following week, Horatio had Jane Doe sit on his lap and then “leered at her” as they watched the sunrise from the roof.
- Horatio steered these conversations to sex in August 2001, encouraged her to take “revealing” photos of herself, and then called her “slutty.”
- At two “SNL” parties in May 2002, Horatio Sanz kissed 17-year-old Jane Doe, groped her breasts, groped her buttocks, and digitally penetrated her genitals forcibly and without her consent.
- Jane Doe became “depressed” and “ashamed” and “regularly self-medicated with dissociative drugs.” Horatio Sanz continued to IM Jane Doe in college and became “increasingly emotionally abusive and controlling.”
- Jane Doe was hospitalized in 2005 “as a direct and proximate result of the ongoing intense shame and damage” of Horatio Sanz’s “sexual conduct.”
- Jane Doe ran into Horatio in New York in 2019, where he “admitted to engaging in frequent ‘cybersex’ with her and further admitted and bragged” about “masturbated during their conversations when she was underage.”
- Horatio said he was “very sorry” for manipulating her in text messages in November 2019 and said: “If you want to metoo me you have every right.”
You can follow more information about celebrities, including their death, relationships, crimes, and all trending news about celebrities, on the celebrity news section.